Don't Do Drugs! Here take this.

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Fatal Misunderstandings About Reactive Attachment Disorder

When I began this blog, I chose the name "child myths" because of my concern about misunderstandings that are potentially harmful to children. As some readers know, my interest in this issue began some years ago with a study of so-called Attachment Therapy and its role in the death of Candace Newmaker in 2000 (described in Mercer, J., Sarner,L., & Rosa, L. [2003], "Attachment Therapy On Trial". Westport, CT: Praeger). The fact that other children have also died at the hands of parents acting on the instructions of unconventional therapists has also motivated me to pursue the correction of "child myths".

More >> Fatal Misunderstandings About Reactive Attachment Disorder

No comments:

Post a Comment