Don't Do Drugs! Here take this.

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

My Psychiatric Medicines Caused Terrible Problems

I was a MD/PhD student at Thomas Jefferson University in Philadelphia, PA. The CNS Gene Therapy Center, where I was a PhD student, closed so I returned to the clinical years of medical school trying to complete my PhD thesis and learn clinical medicine.

The pressure of doing both degrees at the same time was stressful and I was seeing the school psychiatrist who diagnosed me with Bipolar Disorder and placed me on Lithium and Zyprexa. I was told they would help me think more clearly and get everything I needed to get done on time. Ultimately, what happened is that these medications caused me to be very tired, gain weight, have a tremmor and other neurocognitive problems. The medical school evaluators during my final semester of medical school held the effects of the medications against me, and the University is now not allowing me the opportunity to finish my training.

My Psychiatric Medicines Caused Terrible Problems

No comments:

Post a Comment