Don't Do Drugs! Here take this.

Monday, November 23, 2009

Urgent review to be undertaken of 'tainted' ADHD guidelines

FEDERAL Health Minister Nicola Roxon's advisers were warned in August last year that drug company payments to a world-renowned US expert on ADHD could have tainted proposed new Australian guidelines for the drug.

However, it was only last month that the National Health and Medical Research Council ordered a rethink of the guidelines - on how ADHD should be treated - because of concerns the doctor's research had been compromised by the drug company funding.

More >> Urgent review to be undertaken of 'tainted' ADHD guidelines

1 comment:

  1. ADHD,this very disease amuses me.All I see it for is another way to drug a child and put a fancy name on it.My daughter was diagnosed as ADHD so of course CPS decided to dope her up on drugs related to ADHD over my objections.Here is the amusing part,now that CPS got their way my daughter mysteriously is cured and is no longer on medication for ADHD.Well if she had ADHD please explain to me how it mysteriously disappeared after removal from my home?Isn't this a condition that has to have constant medication to control it or is this my mistake because it is actually a mind altering drug to control a child that just needs to be made to be responsible?Here is the kicker,my daughter was ADHD but she had no problem focusing on getting in trouble by forging bus passes or skipping off school property or arranging to go someplace without my permission.Lack of focus?More like lack of wanting to do what she was told and respecting my rules.

    ReplyDelete